Psychiatrists’ Support & Remediation Service Manager
To work closely with the Specialist Adviser to provide a confidential help and advice service for members of the College. These doctors may be experiencing difficulty with one of the following: bullying and harassment, addictions, exclusion from work, health problems or inquiries.
Salary £41,650 the role is on a temp basis for 3-6 Months; Remote based to start with.
Who will you be working for?
Our Client is a well known Healthcare membership Body.
What will you be doing?
- In liaison with the lead clinician ensure that calls are managed appropriately, and in a timely fashion, giving advice and support where necessary, and providing the caller with the resources to make further enquiries if this is appropriate.
- Act as a point of contact and reference for doctor advisers who are part of the Psychiatrists’ Support Service for difficult cases or case management and to encourage them to utilise the PSS buddy system.
- Induct new doctors to the service providing them with the necessary resources and introduction to conduct this work and maintain the College database systems with relevant details.
- Promote the College’s advice service. Raise awareness of the existence of the service through editorials, advertising on other relevant websites & publications, marketing and liaison with other existing support services and conducting presentations where appropriate.
- A respectful, collaborative and empathetic approach with an ability to maintain professional distance.
- Experience in, and commitment to, providing high quality, engaging, fit for purpose services for customers/end users with difficult, complex and confidential issues.
- Experience of successfully managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in a tactful and discrete way.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills to inspire support and confidence of members and colleagues.
- Proven experience of managing committees, including agenda preparation, minute taking and action tracking in a professional environment.