Are experienced with procurement? Do you have good knowledge of contract law and commercial contracts with an ability to risk assess and mitigate/negotiate accordingly?
If so, we encourage you to read more about this exciting opportunity.
We are working with our client to recruit an experienced Procurement Business Partner.
Who you will be working for?
Our client is nationally, well known and large faith-based organisation. They offer a diverse and forward-thinking working environment.
Having placed people over the years here we can confidently describe them as an employer of choice with a huge reputation.
What would you be doing?
We are looking for someone with good work ethics, relevant experience and a genuine enthusiasm and commitment towards their work. This is permanent and full-time position to start ASAP post successful interview.
Across this wonderful not-for profit organisation you will lead on procurement activity for the IT/Property & Facilities/Professional Services spend areas to enable the delivery of Value for Money solutions across all IT/Property & Facilities/Professional Services goods and services.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Running competitive tenders, appointing and managing preferred suppliers, and providing procurement support for key procurement driven projects.
- Working with the Head of Procurement you will assist in building procurement capability, providing training and guidance to staff to ensure that a best practice approach is adopted across all applicable spend areas.
- Leading competitive tender processes in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure business requirements are delivered and Value for Money objectives are achieved.
- Provide support for supplier management and contract management processes, and the production of relevant management information for the Procurement function (e.g. spend reporting, savings tracking etc.).
- Ongoing contract management including proactively driving contract service reviews and ensuring suppliers are held to account for the delivery of key SLAs and KPIs.
- Assist Professional Services colleagues in commercial negotiations withIT/Property & Facilities/Professional Services suppliers on hardware, software, licensing, property and facilities management and professional services pricing, terms, SLAs etc.
- Provide accurate and timely supplier and expenditure analysis to the relevant team/Director being supported per procurement and more broadly as required.
- Work with the SAP (Finance/P2P system) and Accounts Payable teams to ensure best practice use of the system, identifying ways to improve data quality and ensure approval processes are adhered too, including monitoring and addressing any ‘retrospective’ purchase ordering.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in the supply chain process across the NCI’s and the wider church.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) full membership or working towards or equivalent Business Degree.
- Relevant experience in a similar fast paced Procurement position – with proven track record of delivering substantial cost savings in a diverse procurement environment.
- Good knowledge of contract law and commercial contracts with an ability to risk assess and mitigate/negotiate accordingly.
- Experience of creating and developing procurement related documents, (RFP, RFQ and ITT)
- Experience of developing, improving and applying best practice procurement tools and techniques.
- Experience of project management and familiarity with recognised project management approaches.
- Unparalleled enthusiasm, pro-activity and professionalism at all times.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An exceptional level of organisation and attention to detail.
In return the Procurement Business Partner is a permanent position paying up £38,331 – salary will be dependent on experience.
How to apply
To apply for the Procurement Business Partner position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.