We are currently seeking a Presenting Officer with Advocacy experience or experience of presenting cases before a tribunal.
The deadline for applications to our Client is 1pm on Wednesday, 12th August. With this in mind, please aim to submit your CV for consideration by Monday 10th August.
Who will you be working for?
Our client are a non-profit organisation with a passion for increasing the standards of healthcare provision in the UK. Our client is committed to learning and developing opportunities to support building your skills and career with some fantastic benefits.
What will you be doing?
As Presenting Officer, you will present on behalf of the organisation, fitness to practice cases before the Investigating, Conduct and Competence and relevant Committees.
This position will focus on presenting applications for and reviews of Interim Orders and sanction reviews.
- Assisting in the preparation and publication of papers for Council and Committees.
- Preparing fitness to practice cases for various types of hearings, including Interim Order applications and review hearings and sanction review hearings.
- Representing and presenting cases before a fitness to practice tribunal panel to inform and support Panels to reach decisions.
- Maintaining and correctly applying up-to-date knowledge of the law relating to regulation, and the legislation governing fitness to practice processes when preparing and presenting cases.
- Maintaining and correctly applying up-to-date knowledge of the Practice Notes, policies and guidance.
- In addition, undertaking any other duties required of the role.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent essential – Law degree with postgraduate legal practice experience is highly desired.
- Ability to work within and apply a framework of legislation and defined policies and procedures.
- Advocacy experience or experience of presenting cases before a tribunal.
- Effective presentation skills - presenting in a tribunal environment.
- Strong negotiating, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy while working in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Willing to travel as required including overnight stays if required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a non-profit organisation who are committed to learning and developing opportunities to support building your skills and career.
The Presenting Officer position salary is £36,000 pa (dependent on experience) and outstanding employee benefits; benefits include generous annual leave, pension scheme, employee discounts.
The deadline for applications to our Client is 1 pm on Wednesday, 12th August. With this in mind, please aim to submit your CV for consideration by Monday 10th August.
Please click on the link below to apply.