We are currently recruiting for a Department Student Officer to work on a part-time temporary contract for 8 months, working 3 days per week (20.5 hours). This is role is to start immediately, located near Russell Square and is paying up to £16 per hour.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
Our client is a leading university in London, focusing on international studies and research.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
As a Department Student Officer, you will be providing effective delivery of student-facing administrative support by working closely with administrative & academic colleagues as a proactive member of the wider department & Department teams. Duties include;
- Providing advice and support to students and academics across a range of issues
- Ensuring, through proactive and scheduled administrative support, the effective implementation of teaching and learning activities
- Attendance monitoring; proactively using reports, pastoral issues arising from non-attendance
- Module Sign Up and Module Submission
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day functionality and coordination of the Department administration in the absence of the Department Manager
- Previous experience of office administration, ideally in a Higher Education context
- Skills in advising and influencing academic and administrative colleagues
- Ability to build strong working relationships across an organization
- Experience of Web maintenance and Moodle
- Good written and oral communication skills which demonstrate an ability to communicate with individuals, internally and externally
This is a great opportunity to gain employment in a highly established University institution, working alongside dedicated and friendly professionals.
This Department Student Officer role is being recruited for on a part-time temporary basis and is starting urgently. The role will not be suitable for anyone currently in a role with a notice period so please only respond if you are completely free and able to start asap.
The role is paying up to £16 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Not ready to apply or have some questions first?
Call or email me, Elyse Bogdan at Gordon Yates, to discuss in confidence.