We are seeking an experienced individual within the area of utilities and policy and/or regulatory; ideally you will have worked within the energy sector or similar.
Who you will be working for?
Our client is a City of London based energy focused organisation.
Having worked with this Company for many years we can confidently describe them as an employer of choice with a good reputation.
What would you be doing?
As Regulation Policy Executive you will be providing support to member companies within an economic regulation environment, delivering to sector price controls that are set periodically by the energy regulator.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with senior figures in the
electricity and gas network businesses, the energy regulator, government
departments and a cross section of wider industry stakeholders at an exciting stage in the industry’s development. The current and next set of price controls, RIIO2 & RIIO3 respectively will be central to the role.
- Provide support to working groups, taking forward their decisions to drive the delivery of outputs and identifying opportunities to add value.
- Acting as the Code Administrator for the Competition in Connections Code of Practice.
- Assist with analysis of new policy and regulation and developing consensus positions.
- Communicate positions to stakeholders, including drafting consultation responses and wider communications.
- Engage with stakeholders including influencing opinions and decision making.
- Draft papers, reports and industry responses.
- Contribute to the overall work of the Regulatory Policy Team and conduct other duties as required.
- Previous experience of working in a policy and/or regulatory environment, ideally within energy, with an appreciation of the relationship between policy, regulation, and the commercial aspects of business operations.
- Have a general understanding of our energy system and the role of gas and electricity networks.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the regulatory framework for energy networks and apply in a business environment.
- Strong organisational skills and takes responsibility for delivering expected outcomes on time and to standard.
- Proven experience in a similar role essential.
- Exceptional communication skills and capability.
- Unparalleled enthusiasm, pro-activity and professionalism at all times.
The Regulation Policy Executive position is permanent and full-time (Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm and Fri 9am-4pm), paying up to £40,000pa-£45,000pa (depending on experience) - plus outstanding employee benefits.
Our client is operating a hybrid working model which may need some flexibility to suit the needs of the organisation.
How to apply
To apply for the Regulation Policy Executive position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.