We are looking for an individual with strong excel skills, exceptional communication skills, and an interest in sustainability/renewables who has either started or completed their level 4 AAT.
You will naturally be a fast learner and work well as part of a team.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is a growing, innovative regional business with a focus on sustainability and renewables.
What you will be doing?
Working within a small finance team located in Bristol you will support project managers in setting up and maintaining project finances in line with established procedures and protocols.
- Ensuring projects have all necessary accounting information and that this information is kept up to date.
- Critically reviewing monthly work in progress with project managers/directors.
- Providing ad hoc training to professional staff on the project accounting system.
- Regular involvement in managing the finances on the largest projects.
- Occasional visits to other offices to meet with project managers/directors.
- Review and critically assess project profitability.
- Developing internal reporting using Power BI.
- Providing other finance support as required.
- Producing both regular and ad hoc reports from the system.
- Any other Project Support duties that may be required.
This is a great career opportunity for someone seeking to further their accounting career within a collaborative team.
- AAT qualification / degree in a relevant subject (finance/business studies).
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external business partners.
- Confident using Excel and used to handling large amounts of data.
- Commitment to working towards an accountancy qualification.
- Experience in using Power BI.
- Experience in using accounting systems (Sage)
In return, you will receive on the job training, flexitime working, memberships paid for, life assurance (4x salary), 5% pension, company profit share, 25 days holiday plus B/H on top and a competitive salary.
The salary range is £23,500pa-£32,000pa (dependent on experience). The working hours are 37.5 per week and will involve hybrid working in Bristol x2 days per week.
How to apply?
To apply for this Project Accountant position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.