We are seeking an experienced Finance and resources Director to join an innovative school based in the City London.
You will need to have previous experience with Strategic planning, financial planning, project management, team line management and experience in generating income and preparation of grant funding bids.
Finance and Resources Director – salary £75,000pa-£85,000pa (dependent on experience)
Who will you be working for?
Our client is an outstanding school located in the City.
What will you be doing?
As Finance and Resources Director you will provide the overall strategic and operational leadership and management of the School’s finances and other core business services and resources.
- Overall responsibility for management of all financial matters, including strategic planning, reporting, budgeting, systems and controls.
- Overall responsibility for other core business services including ICT, HR, premises, catering, lettings and administration in order to facilitate creating an outstanding educational environment for the students.
- Be part of the senior leadership team and to work alongside the rest of the senior leadership team and Governing Body.
- Promote the School’s ethos and support School initiatives and policies.
- Line management of contractors, finance officer, HR manager and premises managers.
- To plan and oversee any IT projects and maintenance updates to ensure the IT systems and IT equipment are fit for purpose and that there is no unnecessary interruption to the teaching and learning.
- To ensure the catering provision is of high quality and offers value for money including the quality of meals, hospitality and overall service delivered by the contractor.
- Act as the School’s Health and Safety Officer and ensure that all health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare and update the School emergency plan and risk analysis.
- Take part in regular health and safety risk assessments visits and reviews.
- To take the lead responsibility for the School’s site and buildings including their maintenance, development and furnishings.
- Report to the Headteacher and the Governing Body on the premises issues and make recommendations on the spending on repairs and any capital works.
You will need to have had experiences within an equally varied position.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- Hold chartered accountancy qualifications (e.g. ACA, ACCA).
- Knowledge and experience of strategic financial planning and modelling.
- Experience of managing a budgeting and reporting processes.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Experience in generating income and preparation of grant funding bids.
- Knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and legislation.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Knowledge and experience of tendering processes and managing contracts.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Ability to retain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent Communicator with attention to detail.
Please note this is a Permanent and full-time position.
To apply to the Finance and Resources Director position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.