We are recruiting for Exam Invigilators in Birmingham to start December 2023. Exam invigilation work typically pays £12.50 per hour, with varying and flexible shift patterns.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
A nationwide established university, specialising in Further education in the Business and Law department.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
- Assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures
- Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues
- Offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats
- Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures
- Checking attendance during examinations
Previous experience of working in Exam Invigilation is desirable but not absolutely essential. Preferably candidates should have a background in invigilation or teaching. The individual will need to adhere to the rules and regulations set by the establishment to ensure the exam runs correctly and effectively.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
This is an opportunity to work for a great establishment and build on experience within exam invigilation.