We are seeking an Event Executive who enjoys coordinating and planning educational events and who will take pride in taking on a high level of ownership for specific events. You must also enjoy taking on responsibility for the logistical support and the budgeting of events.
Who will you be working for?
Our Client is a non-profit organisation who provide professional development for professionals within the medical sector.
What will you be doing?
You will be working as parts of the Events team but will take a high level of ownership for the events that you are responsible for.
Your duties are likely to include but will not be restricted to:
- Planning and delivering events.
- Event and venue management including negotiating contracts.
- Liaising with speakers and organising travel and accommodation where required.
- Using technology to support events and to engage members e.g. uploading event programmes to the website.
- Proposing budgets, monitoring financials throughout and forecasting figures.
- Attending regular event planning meetings.
- Attending the events and networking to further develop new Client relationships and business leads.
- Working with the marketing, communication and sponsor teams to promote events.
- Organising event resources such as delegate packs and managing feedback from delegates.
- Dealing with enquiries received.
- Updating of information on in-house systems. Experience of CRM systems is highly desired.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience of coordinating and running events within a busy team - Ideally with some in person and digital events.
- Experience of monitoring and drafting budgets – highly desired but not essential.
- Experience of managing reports including financial.
- Experience of using a computer database and CRM.
- Superb communication skills and a happiness to work with others.
- Exceptional organisation skills with excellent attention to detail.
The Event Executive position is a fixed term contracted position through until June 2023. This position will involve working 35 hours per week within a hybrid working model (partial work from home and partially in office). Our client is offering a salary of up to £25,816pa (dependent on experience) as well as great benefits including a clear route to career development.
Please click on the link below to apply.