This is a multifaceted role, incorporating Facilities and Customer Service responsibilities alongside Health & Safety, IT and general day-to-day duties. This role presents an ideal opportunity for individuals who are passionate about providing outstanding professional support within the education sector, within a fast-paced environment.
- Opening / closing the building and maintaining security levels (setting intruder alarm, building sweeps for people on site when closing etc)
- Acting as first point of contact for facilities / building issues
- Managing the facilities Cloud FM portal (reviewing jobs raised and logging new reactive tasks)
- Ensuring that all building equipment is maintained to required standards and records are kept
- Acting as Health & Safety contact, First Aider and Fire / Chief Fire Marshal
- Ensuring water testing, cooling tower maintenance and all other facilities-related compliance is completed periodically, and records kept
- Building and maintaining close relationships with contractors, students, and staff
- Providing a first line response to classroom IT queries and troubleshooting issues as well as logging issues with the IT service desk and installing basic IT kit
- Covering reception as part of a rota (includes weekends and evenings)
- Distributing internal and external post
- Providing support for internal and external events
- Managing refreshments and room bookings for internal and external events
- Demonstrable record of providing assistance within a facilities, property or retail environment
- Ability to take ownership of issues and associated responsibility for completing a task
- Well organised with attention to detail and self-disciplined with ability to prioritise under pressure
- Ability to work within in a team environment as well as independently
- Great time management skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working with IT systems and able to troubleshoot basic IT issues
- Competence in using standard IT programmes, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
You must be proactive, highly motivated and adaptable to change.
The successful candidate is an excellent team worker with outstanding communication skills and the ability to demonstrate effective leadership.
Knowledge in Health & Safety with a qualification is preferred.
Please note that working hours will cover the opening hours of the centre, some weekends, bank holidays cover is required.