We are currently recruiting for a Bursar's Assistant - to start Immediately until next Summer 24; 30-37K £18-23 an hour
Located in Pimlico
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is a well known private school helping children with special needs- from Primary to Secondary.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will work closely with the Bursar and will be a team player, have a sense of humour, enjoy working with children, be adaptable to school life, and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment.
Based at our Junior School (SE1 but some time may be spent at the Senior School SW1). Normal office hours 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday.
- Termly fees and extra billing
- Order goods and service following authorisation and monitoring spend to budgets and raising purchase orders
- Maintaining the purchase ledger including processing supplier invoices, preparing payments and dealing with queries
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit chasing and posting of cash received
- Balance sheet and income reconciliations
- Assist with termly accounts preparation and governors reporting
- Assist on H&S reporting.
- Assist with administrative tasks as directed by the Bursar
- Experience of working in a School, College or Nursery Admissions environment
- Some knowledge of Special Educational Needs in education is helpful
- Finance experience in previous role
- Good networker, able to build relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of team
- Excellent IT skills – including word, excel and database, office 365
- Ideally holding a current DBS check or be willing to have one taken out
- Free school lunch during term time
- End of Year staff event
- Complimentary tea/coffee and fruit
- Excellent transport links [close to mainline Victoria and Vauxhall, 3 minutes from Pimlico tube and numerous central London bus routes
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.