We are currently working closely with our client to recruit a pro-active candidate with a fine arts background (having worked within an auction house, gallery or museum), to support with the monitoring and maintenance of a very large and important art collection within private residential properties.
Who will you be working for?
Our Client is a lovely small corporate business with offices within Central and Greater London.
What will you be doing?
You will be working closely with the Curator and CEO (property team and the building department where necessary) to provide maintenance and ongoing monitoring of a large collection covering vast periods within art history (fine and applied).
- Verification checks to confirm the condition of items and their correct location.
- Organising the conservation and/or restoration of items, as required.
- Assisting with the acquisition of new items for the main collection (pre-selection, recommendations and bidding).
- Researching the history of the items in the collection.
- Organising framing.
- Assisting with planned publications about the collection.
- Liaising with museums about loans.
- Maintaining the database, particularly the accuracy of locations.
- Adding new items post-purchase and updating any movements during the year.
- Preparing papers for, and working with auditors for the annual audit.
- Other general administration, including maintaining a rolling list of upcoming London auctions.
- Any other related duties when necessary.
- Previous experience within a similar role - highly desired.
- A passion for art work.
- Business level French spoken and written - highly desired
- Be an exceptional communicator - essential.
- Confident in a formal environment.
- Exceptional administration skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Reliable with exceptional time keeping.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an exceptional art collection. The position will include occasional travel between locations, expenses will be covered for work related travel.
Working hours are 9.15am – 5.45pm plus great benefits including contributory pension, discretionary Christmas bonus, 5 weeks annual leave and more. The salary is £20,000pa - £50,000pa dependent on experience. Note, this is an in-office position.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.