We are currently recruiting for a Student Support Officer; to start in the new year; for 20 weeks for 2.5 days a week/ 20 hours. Mix of remote and in the office; no set days. £13 an hour and increasing to £14.64.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is a well known University in Central London.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
To work as part of the Online and Distance Learning Support Team supporting the administration of student support, assessments and examinations, Tutor and academic support, with specific responsibilities for certain tasks
- To offer high levels of customer service to all students engaging with the department (via email, enquiry system, over the phone and in person) – including being regularly available to meet with students and adhering to agreed response times
- To work effectively with teams across the organisation, sharing best practise where appropriate, to ensure that all policies and procedures are understood and are being suitably applied/explained to students.
- To be responsible for producing contracts for the supervisors and online Tutors ensuring that payment schedules and schedules of work required are up to date and accurate.
- To manage invoices/expenses from Online Tutors post Workshops, ensuring payments made on time and any issues resolved with Finance.
- To maintain effective record keeping and data management in respect of all staff, student, finance and teaching matters all of which must be in accordance with School policies and procedures. To ensure that protocol and best practice guidelines are followed regarding shared drive management
- Experience of high volume administrative work, preferably in an HE environment, with strict deadlines requiring complete accuracy.
- Knowledge and experience of working with standard Microsoft packages (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other database packages
- Experience of enrolments, examinations and assessments or other similar higher education work
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate complex information clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing, taking account of the needs of the recipient.
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
*PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV IN THE POP-OUT WINDOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE – Quick Apply applicants will unfortunately be missed