We are seeking Student Funding Officer. The successful applicant will have working experience with student funding and be committed to developing your knowledge and skills within this exciting opportunity.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is a specialist further education provider.
What will you be doing?
You will be working within a friendly and busy registry team. The position will include delivering a high-quality education funding advice and information service to applicants and students. The Student funding Officer will work closely with senior staff and act as the main point of contact. You will advise UK and non-UK based students and oversee all technical aspects in relation to the administration of student funding.
You will also:
- Assist with general registry functions.
- Liaison and representation across all departments.
- Lead Student Finance presentations and Q&As for School recruitment events.
- Monitor external policy developments on student funding (including legal requirements), and sector-wide good practice and provide advice and briefings to committees and individuals.
- Lead on the annual audit process.
- Providing accurate advice to applicants and students regarding international funding and updating the website and intranet pages.
- Managing termly disbursements with the Finance team and conducting monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate records on Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Be the lead liaison for Aid regulations.
- management and continual review of all student funding records in the student information system.
- Any other reasonable duties.
This is a hands-on role where you will be working closely with Senior management. It is essential that the role holder can demonstrate exceptional communication skills, strong IT skills, excellent attention to detail, a high level of numeracy and a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
You will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of Student Finance England or US Direct Loans - essential
- Strong knowledge of higher education funding processes.
- Experience with Higher Education student databases - SITS highly desired.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a calm and professional approach
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Good experience of managing student funding processes and procedures for Higher Education, with experience of reviewing and amending as required to meet statutory, regulatory and organisational requirements.
The Student Funding Officer is a permanent position paying a salary range of £36,060 - £40,750 (dependent on experience).
Are you keen to find out more?
Please click on the link below to apply.