We are currently recruiting for a Skills Coach to work within an educational establishment - you will be working from home. This role is for 8-10 weeks, paying the equivalent of £25,000 - £32,000.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is a UK-wide training and education organization, providing professional qualifications in a range of expert fields. This role is working from home.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Apprenticeship School of this business is recruiting for a Banking Coach. They are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will be responsible for the on programme delivery of apprenticeships skills and behaviour standards. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant Banking Apprenticeship School apprenticeship programmes.
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Ensure monthly performance update on learners and progress reviews with learners and line managers
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support
- Provide feedback to the apprentice on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards
- Communicate effectively with learners via the VLE and other appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic (both pre-submission via advise on continuous development of learner e-portfolio’s and post-submission) and safeguarding support to learners
- Contribute towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the end point assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met.
- Detailed understanding of apprenticeships, the end-to-end learning journey, assessment and skills coaching practices, quality assurance and programme MI.
- Industry experience and or professional qualifications related to the discipline of the apprenticeship.
- TAQA Level 3 Assessors Award is desirable
- Functional Skills at Level 2 preferred, but not essential.
- Coaching experience.
- Experience of performance support and assessment operational processes.
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support internal and external stakeholders.