This is an exciting opportunity to work within a small IT Team of 3, this opportunity reports directly into the Head of IT and will include overseeing and supporting the workload of a Junior IT Officer.
This role is Temp Asap whilst they recruit Perm- £20-23 an hour- £36,508 Perm
The successful candidate will ideally have experience within a similar position dealing with IT support, enjoy working within a fast-paced environment and enjoy taking the lead with IT solutions and management.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is a healthcare focused, innovative and modern not for profit membership organisation located in the City of London.
What will you be doing?
As IT Support Officer you will work closely alongside the Head of IT, taking the lead and supporting across departments and teams within the organisation. Within this fast paced position you will ne expected to prioritise your own workload and prioritising.
- Lead, plan and respond to users – providing support to users requests through the helpdesk across the organisation ensuring timely solutions.
- Support the technical development and upgrade of user and infrastructure equipment and the move to cloud services where required.
- Proactively train staff and develop their knowledge and awareness of Office365 and other organisational technology platforms.
- Overseeing the daily tasks of the Junior IT Officer.
- Provide support for technical development of existing systems, taking technical leadership where agreed with the Head of IT.
- Support and development of Microsoft365 services, including Intune, SharePoint, Teams and others as adoption is extended.
- Technical support for the implementation of upgrade or replacement of infrastructure systems, including VMware, Telephony, Local and WAN networks, file storage and others as deemed necessary, taking a cloud-first approach where practicible
- Security: supporting the implementation of security system and where necessary update and conduct audits.
- Supervision of IT Suppliers
- Carry out any other duties and projects appropriate to the post as required.
- Have proven experience within a similar role providing technical support to multiple users of on site and cloud based systems including helpdesk support.
- Knowledge of Office365 as an administrator and implementing the use of features of Office 365 such as Teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint, Outlook etc.
- Good problem-solving skills with a methodical approach to solving technical problems.
- Resilience and calmness under pressure with an ability to make decisions independently.
- A commitment to keep up to date with developments in technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ‘can-do’ approach.
- Be an exceptional and conceptual communicator both written and verbal.
The IT Support Officer is a permanent full time position paying up to £36,508pa (salary is dependent on experience) plus great benefits.
To apply for the IT Support Officer opportunity, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.