Senior Decision Maker-
We are recruiting for a Senior Decision Maker who will work within fitness practice. This is a remote based temp role whilst the client recruits on a perm basis; £17-19 an hour.
Who will you be working for?
Our client are a non-profit organisation with a passion for increasing the standards of healthcare provision in the UK. Our client is committed to learning and developing opportunities to support building your skills and career with some fantastic benefits.
What will you be doing?
As Senior Decision Maker
you will make appropriate, consistent, proportionate and transparent decisions, in order to support and maintain the clients statutory duty objectives to protect the public.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues, to support the delivery of high quality and efficient decision making. This will include proactively supporting the work of the case management teams by providing clear case direction where necessary, particularly on high risk or delayed cases and those approaching decision deadlines.
- To make sound, evidence-based decisions about the closure, advancement or resolution of fitness to practise cases and, in particular, whether the Threshold for investigation has been met.
- To evaluate information and evidence gathered to provide clear decisions on complex issues, that stand up to scrutiny, and are clearly articulated.
- To make high volumes of critically important decisions about the progression of cases pre Investigating Committee, whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Work as part of the Case Resolution and Preparation team, sharing work and supporting and assisting colleagues, peers and your managers in the decision-making team to achieve team priorities, objectives, targets and goals.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent essential.
- Significant experience of working in a legal or regulatory environment, applying legislation, guidance or policies, and investigating and making evidenced based decisions.
- Experience of interpreting and applying legislation and case law.
- Experience of planning and carrying out complex investigations and making evidence-based decisions.