We are currently recruiting for a Policy Officer to specialise in Scottish Policies and Affairs for a UK-wide healthcare organisation. We are looking for someone to start immediately working on a 9-12 month temporary contract. In light on current global events, you will be working from home initially, however, will transition into the Edinburgh office later in the year, with occasional travel to London and a competitive salary on offer.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is an academic institution with a passion for increasing the standards of healthcare provision in the UK.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The purpose of this role is to analyse government policy, facilitate research and help shape the organisations responses to strategically important legislation and consultations. Key tasks include;
- Assisting with policy and communication tasks relating to the organisation, Scottish Parliament and Government
- Using and applying your analytical skills and policy expertise in drafting well evidenced responses to external consultations, in liaison with appropriate medical specialties
- Gather data by proactively scanning the external policy, parliamentary, legal and research environments
- Identify developing issues which may impact on the work of the organisation
- To attend regular management meetings with the Head of Policy and Campaigns to progress influencing and campaigning strategies
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, managing several deadlines at the same time
- Willingness to travel and stay away overnight
- Experience in policy and parliamentary affairs
- Minute taking and administration of Committees experience highly desired
To apply for this temp role, please press the ‘Apply’ button below.
*PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV IN THE POP-OUT WINDOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE – Quick Apply applicants will unfortunately be missed