We are currently recruiting for an Project Manager to start immediately on temporary contract until August. The role is remote working on a full-time basis and is paying a competitive £22-26 an hour.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is a well known leading global affairs think thank- based in central London.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Project Manager (PM) will oversee the day-to-day development and management of projects of medium to high complexity. Project complexity is determined by value, operational risks, reputational risks, quality risks, number of countries, number of partners, number of sub-contractors, and the nature of the project management arrangements.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of project workplans with the project team (covering research, communications, Global Security and other activities, as relevant), establishing and monitoring project controls related to scope, schedule, budget, risk and quality.
- Facilitate and coordinate inputs from key stakeholders concerning scope, schedule, budget, risk and quality for each project.
- Set up internal milestones and monitor project deliverables against contractual requirements and invoicing schedules. Negotiate delivery schedules with partners, in collaboration with the Technical Lead.
- Identify the financial impact that delays or changes in the delivery schedule have on the projects’ financial performance and work with the Technical Lead to find possible solutions. This will include liaising with partners and donors to modify workplans.
- Create and maintain project worksites on the intranet (SharePoint).
- Ensure the correct and effective set up, the financial management and closure of allocated projects following the appropriate company procedures and donor requirements.
- Model the financial impact of resourcing options proposed by the Technical Lead throughout the project life cycle and propose alternatives and/or manage risks associated with potential losses.
- Liaise with donors, project partners and subcontractors on financial matters. Work
closely with counterparts in partners’ organisations to ensure deadlines / milestones are met for the timely delivery of forecasts, narrative and financial reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of bids and proposals, including developing budgets and tailoring technical documentation, using extensive knowledge of donors’ business model and budgeting requirements.
- Use their knowledge of budgeting methodologies to model the most viable costing structure for complex tenders, in collaboration with SPMs/OMs when required.
- Provide strategic input into deepening collaborative partnerships and maintain strong productive working relationships with all donors and partners.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
*PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV IN THE POP-OUT WINDOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE – Quick Apply applicants will unfortunately be missed