We are currently recruiting for a Press Officer to start immediately on for a Temp-Perm or Temp interim role. The role is located in Central London - It will be Hybrid Working, £18.20 an hour 32-34K.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is an established non-profit Healthcare membership body.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
To provide wide-ranging, proactive press and editorial support to the College communications
- Manage day-to-day proactive and reactive media liaison with key publications (inc stakeholder publications) and journalists, building and maintaining relationships
- Write and pitch articles and interview opportunities
- Log media enquiries and advise on the approach to responses. Draft responses for agreement, or forward enquiries as appropriate
- Deliver and evaluate content across a range of College communications channels
including websites, microsites, intranet and social media channels
Collaborate with the Communications Officer to source, write and edit copy for College e-newsletters
- Work with the Head of Communications and teams across the College to provide project-specific communications support, requiring management of multiple tasks and working to deadlines
- Experience of writing media releases, opinion pieces and general articles on health subjects, with the ability to translate scientific information for a lay audience
- Experience of working in a press office/newsroom or on media work within the context of a wider communications team, for at least one year
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong software and digital content platform knowledge – must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Hootsuite
- Experience of writing for online applications, including basic knowledge of search engine optimisation
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
*PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV IN THE POP-OUT WINDOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE – Quick Apply applicants will unfortunately be missed