We are currently recruiting for a Policy Officer to start immediately on a 4-6 Month temporary contract. The role is located in Scotland; BUT WE CAN LOOK AT LONDON BASED CANDDIATES WHO CAN WORK REMOTLEY; it is paying a competitive £18.93 per hour.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is an established non-profit organisation; within healthcare- Dealing with professional standards and further training.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
To provide administrative and policy support to the Officers of the College
- To assist the Manager with policy and communication tasks relating to the College, Scottish Parliament and Government.
- Support the work of the College by applying analytical skills and policy expertise in drafting well evidenced responses to formal external consultations, in liaison with appropriate psychiatric specialties.
- Gather data by proactively scanning the external policy, parliamentary, legal and research environments to identify emergent issues which may impact on the work of the College.
- To work with the Chair, Executive Committee and Director of Strategic Communications and Heads of Devolved Nations and Divisions and Policy and Campaigns to create and deliver strategies to ensure that people with mental illness, learning difficulties and developmental disorders are treated equally by the NHS, public services and within society.
- To have regular management meetings with the Head of Policy and Campaigns to progress influencing and campaigning strategies which are reflected in annual KPIs.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the health and social care sector in Scotland.
- Evidence of understanding of the government structures and the policy environment in Scotland and experience of delivering measurable change through influencing of stakeholders
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Access, Outlook, Excel and web-based software
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.