Do you have prior hands-on experience managing networks and systems? If you have a genuine passion the latest technologies, please read on…
Who will you be working for?
Our client is a telecommunications specialist.
What will you be doing?
The Network and Systems Engineer is a stand-alone position working closely alongside the wider team and onshore and offshore developers.
Duties and responsibilities, will include:
- Status checks of critical services; internet connection, platforms, App service, and other important websites are running smoothly.
- Setting up and responding to system alerts.
- In-depth check of the network; checking logs, checking resources on firewalls, switches, routers etc.
- Live/production platform troubleshooting.
- Service and platform design/engineering.
- Working closely with the developers to ensure our websites are secure.
- Working closely with the platform providers to troubleshoot any issues.
- Performing tasks related to network and systems (both linux and windows), load balancers, monitoring, security, VPN, Buildings/offices/datacentre communications, Mitel Phone system etc.
- Providing realistic project timeframes.
- Occasionally providing support on the telco-systems when cover is needed.
- Providing technical support - out of hours support as needed.
You will have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent.
- Experience as SIP engineer.
- Experience with load-balancing, service architectural design, virtualization, high availability and redundancy.
- An understanding and experience in basic network administration, datacentre maintenance, scripting, generic IT security.
- Network experience; SIP, LAN IP switching and routing, BGP routing, Firewalls, Load balancers, VPN, Authentication protocols and working in datacentres.
- Systems experience; Linux and Windows systems, KVM/Qemu virtualization, Apache Tomcat administration, Web servers, Databases, Monitoring, Scripting and Continuous integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Exceptional time management and highly analytical approach to your work.
The Network and Systems Engineer is a permanent and full-time position. The salary is £40,000pa-£45,000pa dependent on experience.
How to apply?
To apply for the Network and Systems Engineer role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.