Our Client is seeking an experienced Law & Governance Officer.
This position is to start ASAP Initially for 3 months, with potential to extend to 6 months.
Who will you be working for?
Our Client is a government authority located within the West Midlands.
What will you be doing?
As Law & Governance Officer you will be an experienced individual within the Legal and Governance. You will be experienced in working with elected members and assist the Director of Law and Governance.
The successful Candidate will need:
- Experience of supporting and ideally hearing grievances and disciplinaries.
- Evidence of exposure to or an established understanding of the democratic process.
- Experience of managing Legal and Governance services within the Local Government environment.
- Proven experience of being able to carry out investigations into Standards complaints, as well as lead on responding to Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.
- Ability to deal with high volume casework and complex matters under pressure
- Ability to understand complex legislation and reports quickly
- To be able to produce accurate and concise documents, reports, letters and general correspondence
The Law & Governance Officer is for 3 months, with potential to extend to 6 months. The applicable daily salary is £400 PD and dependent on experience.
Note, my Client is seeking someone who can interview and start work immediately the deadline for applications is the afternoon of Monday, 29th June (CV with referee/references).. With this in mind, please aim to apply by Friday, 26th June.
To apply for the Law & Governance Officer opportunity, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.