Do you hold experience within IT Support? Have you previously worked as first and second line IT support?
If so, we would like to hear from you – please read on.
Who will you be working for?
Our Client is an innovative global think tank.
What you will be doing?
Within this position you will work within a small team. As IT Support Officer you will act as the main point of contact for IT support of around 350 users.
Your role will consist of analysing and troubleshooting issues in a timely, accurate fashion including the provision of end-user assistance as required.
You will administer the IT support desk system, which tracks support interactions, reporting to the IT Systems Specialist. You will need to draw on your existing technical knowledge and experiences. Your responsibility will be for the procurement of end-user computers and software, planning IT allocations during the year, and providing training.
The IT Officer will also have a specific responsibility for coordinating BitLocker encryption on laptops, monitoring allocated mobile phone usage and billing and occupancy statistics.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- IT Support
- End User Security Support
- Hardware and Software Procurement and Decommissioning
- Mobile Phone Support
- Occupancy Statistics Support
- New user training
- Any other duties reasonable and required of the role.
You will be customer focused and have a positive outlook - hold a relevant degree or diploma, in addition to:
- An excellent technical knowledge of PC and laptop internal components
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Extensive equipment support experience
- Technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards (including TCP/IP and the latest operating systems)
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Application support experience with the latest Office 365 applications
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £29,491-£34,988 (salary dependent on experience), exceptional benefits with opportunity for growth within the role.
How to apply?
To apply for this IT Officer position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.