An exciting opportunity has come up to work as a General Office Assistant within a well-respected Private Bank located in Central London. This is a 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension.
This role will be best suited to someone with previous experience as a receptionist or office assistant experience within a professional environment.
Who you will be working for
Our client is a highly renowned international Private Bank offering Wealth Solutions, Investment Management and other banking related services to HNW clients.
Having placed many people over the years we can confidently describe them as an employer of choice resulting in high staff retention, superb opportunity and generous financial services benefits.
What will the role include?
The role of the General Office Assistant is to provide support in the Post Room and Reception as required. You will work closely with internal partners across the business, the position will involve acting as the link between the business, facilities and the premises Managing Agents, to interpret and clarify user requirements.
The position will involve (but is not limited to):
- Post Room duties such as picking up, packaging, sorting and delivering mail items and stationary.
- Stationery and photocopying; management of photocopier stationary and delivery of paperwork and documents.
- Health and safety; acting as fire Marshall, carrying out DSE assessments and new staff inductions.
- Management of confidential waste – emptying and removal of bags for shredding daily.
- Reception; meeting and greeting of visitors, including taking coats, preparing beverages and directing calls as necessary.
- Room management; booking rooms and making any necessary scheduled preparations.
- Couriers; management of all incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Any other reasonable duties.
- You will have experience within a similar position.
- Knowledge of Excel, Office Word and Outlook.
- Honest and reliable in nature with an ability to physically manage the physical needs of the job.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Smart and professional personal presentation.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
In return, our long-standing client will offer an attractive salary with fantastic financial services benefits. Benefits include a competitive salary plus housing allowance, competitive pension, complimentary access to the onsite gym, health insurance and death in service benefit.
Note this is an in-office position across a 37.5 hour working week, the position will include shift work between 8am-6pm.
This is 6-month fixed term position paying up to £28,000 pa (dependent on experience) plus additional financial services benefits.
How to apply
To apply for the General Office Assistant position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.