We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Assistant to start immediately on a 5 month temporary contract. The role is located by Tower Hill, working on a full-time basis and is paying a competitive £15 an hour.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is an established non-profit healthcare organisation.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Reprographics - Oversee the photocopying service, ensuring that all requests are dealt with efficiently and effectively. Keep records of all photocopying and give figures to the Head of Facilities. (Liaison with print service supplier and on-site scanning services)
Mail/Deliveries – Receive, sort and distribute incoming post and other deliveries, including stationery and catering supplies. Prepare outgoing post and packages, including special deliveries and couriers.
Room set up/moves – Prepare meeting rooms to the required standard and on time. Undertake small office moves when required. Safely move furniture and other large or heavy objects, including crates and deliveries, using equipment available.
Handyperson activities - Carry out basic maintenance tasks when required e.g. hanging pictures, climbing ladders to change lamps or investigate problems, fixing door furniture, minor plumbing issues.
Security activities - Assist with the opening and lock up of the building if required, occasionally at weekends or evening
- Experience of working in a Facilities support role in a team environment
- Experience of working as security cover/keyholding response skills
- Experience of basic maintenance skills
- Experience of manual handling tasks, capable of lifting and carrying
- Strong customer focus, taking personal responsibility and ownership for the achievement of tasks
- Good communication and organisational skills including situations involving potential conflict
- Ability to act on own initiative, within specified guidelines
- A hands-on proactive response to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and keyboard skills
- Experience of working as security cover/keyholding response skill
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasion, i.e., early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- A basic knowledge of health and safety and basic knowledge of manual handling is desirable
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
*PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV IN THE POP-OUT WINDOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE – Quick Apply applicants will unfortunately be missed