This position involves, facilitating and leading industry working groups (assigned to manage and develop protection) power quality, earthing and telecommunications policy for application on the UK Transmission and Distribution.
Who you will be working for?
Our client is a City of London based energy focused organisation.
Having worked with this Company for many years we can confidently describe them as an employer of choice with a good reputation.
What would you be doing?
As Engineering Technical Lead you will provide a facilitating link between the industry working groups and delivery of Transmission and Distribution industry technical standards and specifications relating to industry, best practices and technical requirements required to comply with UK
An important aspect of the role will be the ability to work in close collaboration and engage with senior industry members, industry technical specialists, industry stakeholders, national regulators, government departments and other industry related bodies/organisations.
- Act as the principle point of contact for all protection and automation, power.
- Provide technical support to members to address specific engineering and technical issues.
- Collaborate with other technical departments, for example Innovation, to ensure these technical areas are appropriately considered when new technologies are introduced.
- Set up groups and work programmes and deliver projects to evaluate technical issues raised by the wider industry in the context of the electrical networks and work with members to provide collaborative solutions.
- Chairing or providing technical secretariat to electrical and telecommunications network.
- Work with government, regulator and stakeholders to understand the interdependencies between power and telecommunications networks.
- Develop documentation to support lobbying positions on changes impacting operational telecommunications.
- To support the Cyber Security Task Group and member companies in managing the administrative, engineering and technical aspects of cyber security issues arising from the development and deployment of extensive ICT infrastructure.
- Work with government departments to develop and publish industry guidance and policy.
- Actively review and develop potential changes to UK statutory voltages.
- Report and provide assistance to the group.
- To support the ENA Street Works Group in managing street works and Traffic.
- Any other related duties as required.
- Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or other relevant Engineering degree with transferable skills.
- Experience of operational communications and communications resilience including an understanding of cyber-security and its application.
- Experience of transmission and distribution network protection and earthing systems.
- UK Electricity Transmission or Distribution network industry experience - desired.
- Knowledge of UK Industry Specification, Standards and Procurement processes - desired.
- Knowledge of Electricity Transmission and Distribution network design - desired.
The Engineering Technical Lead position is permanent and full-time (Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm and Fri 9am-4pm), paying up to £50,000pa-£55,000pa (dependent on experience) - plus outstanding employee benefits.
Our client is operating a hybrid working model which may need some flexibility to suit the needs of the organisation.
How to apply
To apply for the Engineering Technical Lead position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.