We are seeking Casework Assistant Registrar.
You will need experience of managing Higher Education regulatory processes specifically in the area of student casework.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is a specialist further education provider.
What will you be doing?
As Casework Assistant Registrar, you will manage multiple cases simultaneously. The role holder’s duties will be wide ranging with a focus on regulatory and data protection matters including the management and delivery of complex student casework, developing guidance and training for staff and students, oversight of the School’s regulations, policies and procedures relating to casework and oversight of Student Experience FOI and subject data access requests.
You will also:
- Oversee the annual update of Section 5 of the Academic regulatory framework and ensure its management.
- Develop and manage guidance documentation for staff and students on student regulatory matters ensuring the information is concise, clear and sufficiently detailed, ensuring relevant intranet and internet pages are kept up to date.
- Take responsibility for the appropriate training of staff involved in student casework.
- Ensure student publications are kept up to date.
- Monitor external developments in respect of student regulatory matters in order to ensure the best practice.
- Manage the application of student casework procedures from initial enquiry to completion to include, writing responses, advice to student and staff, interviewing, writing formal correspondence/reports, organising panels and committees, liaise with investigating officers and presenting and disciplinary meetings.
- Any other reasonable duties.
This is a hands-on role where you will be working closely with Senior management. It is essential that the role holder can demonstrate exceptional communication skills, strong IT skills, excellent attention to detail, a high level of numeracy and a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
You will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge across all regulatory matters.
- Substantial and significant experience of managing Higher Education regulatory processes specifically in the area of student complaints and/or disciplinary matters.
- Strong experience of policy/regulation development and system or process improvement in a service-orientated Higher Education environment.
- Experience of dealing with Freedom of Information Requests (FOI) and Subject Access Requests (SAR) (preferably in a Higher Education environment).
- Experience of preparing reports, policy and procedural documentation or publications with high-level production values.
- Experience of leading and managing staff.
What’s in it for you?
The Casework Assistant Registrar is a permanent position paying a salary range of £40,750 - £46,150 (dependent on experience).
Are you keen to find out more?
Please click on the link below to apply.