Our client is seeking an experienced (Purchase Ledger) accounts assistant to provide a customer focused finance support service.
The role is to start asap; until the FTC is in place.
£14.25 an hour.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is an innovative healthcare organisation located in the City of London.
What will you be doing?
As Accounts Assistant you:
- Purchase Ledger: Ensure supplier contact and bank details are kept up to date on the finance system, logging resolutions and payment of invoices, BACS payment runs and supplier statement reconciliations.
- Sales Ledger: Daily reconciliation of payments received, Process credit card payments, Raise sales invoices and credit notes on the Finance system and processing refunds.
- Cash books: Complete daily and month end bank reconciliation, Timely deposit of cheque and cash banking and Prepare bank transfers on the online banking system.
- People Management, Relationships and Team Working: Respond to internal and external enquiries as per agreed timelines, resolve income and expenditure queries, collaborate with other finance department team members and assist in the smooth running of the departmental processes.
- Asset Management, Budget or Financial Understanding and Responsibility: Maintenance and reconciliation of the petty cash float and ensure that cash, cheques, confidential information and financial records are stored and processed securely.
- Contribute to projects as required.
- Maintain electronic filing systems.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual accounts as detailed in the timetables.
- Any other related duties.
You will need:
You will have previous experience of working in a similar and fast paced position. In addition:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Outlook.
- Aptitude for learning new processes and Finance systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Educated to GCSE level, or equivalent with a A-C in Maths.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Note, our client is offering a hybrid working model (partial work from home). This could be subject to future change or adjustment.
To apply for the Accounts Assistant opportunity, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.